Terms & Conditions
Please find our terms & conditions below
- Must Have Maintenance is part of Must Have Technical Services LLC.
- Must Have Maintenance will be provided with free use of water and electricity from the customer and free access to parts of the premises involved.
- Must Have Maintenance is not considered liable for loss/damage to client property or belongings during the annual maintenance cover.
- Must Have Maintenance will ensure that adequate and suitable safety measures are taken as far as is reasonably practical during the works and will follow health and safety guidelines as applicable in the Emirate of Dubai.
- This contract is made in good faith between the client and Must Have Technical Services LLC. Any disputes arising between the parties arising out of, or in connection with this contract shall be governed by the laws of the Emirate of Dubai and the applicable laws of the United Arab Emirates.
Annual Maintenance Contracts
1. Good Faith
In performing their respective obligations under this Agreement the client and Must Have MHM Building Maintenance LLC shall act in good faith. Must Have MHM Building Maintenance LLC shall, unless and to the extent it is inconsistent with its obligations and duties at law, endeavour to act in the interests of the client with a view to providing the services for the term of this Agreement in accordance with the contract standard and endeavour to achieve where practical, improvements in the quality of the Services.
The Agreement will become effective from the latter date of signature at the end of this document or in the event of earlier commencement of services, the commencement date above and shall continue for the period stated (“the Term”) on the terms and conditions given in the Agreement.
At any time during the Term, the client may extend the term by a further period of one year or greater with the mutual consent of the Parties at mutually agreed terms and conditions as for such extension.
3. Annual Charge and Payments
In consideration of the services to be provided by Must Have MHM Building Maintenance LLC hereunder the client hereby agrees to pay monthly to Must Have MHM Building Maintenance LLC as set out in Appendix 3.
Where a payment differs from the invoice the client shall within five days of the date of the invoice give notice in writing to the nominated Manager. Such notice shall specify the amount (if any) proposed to be with held and the ground for such withholding or, if more than one, each ground and the amount attributable to each of them. Where the client intends to withhold payment after the due date for payment as prescribed by this Agreement of a sum due under this Agreement the client shall notify Must Have MHM Building Maintenance LLC in writing not less than seven days before the due date referred to above in clause 3.2. Such notice shall specify the amount proposed to be withheld and the grounds for it or if more than one each ground and the amount attributable to each of them.
If any taxes apply then these shall be separately identified on the invoice and shall be payable by the customer to Must Have MHM Building Maintenance LLC together with the invoiced amount.
The annual charges will be reviewed during each annual extension of the service contract to meet any changes in services levels and the cost variations arising due to market conditions & will be implemented by mutual acceptance. In the event that the annual charges are not agreed by the client, it shall be free to engage any other third party for the provision of the services.
The contract price or any other rates stated are based upon the Laws of Dubai and the UAE prevailing on the date of the commencement of this Agreement or date of Commencement of service delivery, whichever is the earlier. In the event that any laws are imposed that have a material effect on the cost of service provision then Must Have MHM Building Maintenance LLC shall advise the client accordingly and the contract sum or any rates shall be adjusted accordingly or the contract terminated
Any work undertaken outside the scope of the contract shall be subject to authorization by the Client and will be chargeable at Must Have MHM Building Maintenance LLC’s Standard Day work Rates for Contract Customers prevailing at the time or at rates or a price otherwise agreed
4. Suspension of the Services
Without prejudice to any other rights and remedies which Must Have MHM Building Maintenance LLC may possess, if the client shall fail to make any payment to Must Have MHM Building Maintenance LLC as herein provided and no effective notice to withhold payment has been given in accordance with clause 7 herein above and such failure shall continue for 30 days after Must Have MHM Building Maintenance LLC shall have given the client written notice of such failure to pay Must Have MHM Building Maintenance LLC may, at its sole discretion, suspend the further execution of the Services until such payment shall have been made. Such suspension as aforesaid shall not be deemed a failure on the part of Must Have MHM Building Maintenance LLC to proceed with the Services in accordance with the provisions of this agreement. The additional costs incurred by Must Have MHM Building Maintenance LLC in suspending and recommencing the services after such suspension shall be invoiced to the client and will be paid to Must Have MHM Building Maintenance LLC within 30 days of the invoice date.
Where the client requires a change to the Services, which for the avoidance of doubt may be a requirement for additional services or a reduction in scope of the Services, a change to the asset register, or the notification of the introduction of a change to an existing client procedure, if any, the client shall request Must Have MHM Building Maintenance LLC in writing to provide a proposal for such changed services. Must Have MHM Building Maintenance LLC shall respond within fourteen days, or such other period as may be reasonable in the circumstances and agreed between the Parties by submitting to the client a proposal which sets out:
- The implementation plan- Details of additional/reduced resources required- Details of any costs or savings- Any other details relevant to the change.
- The client shall, within fourteen days of the receipt of the proposal from Must Have MHM Building Maintenance LLC, notify Must Have MHM Building Maintenance LLC in writing whether or not it accepts such a proposal. Where such a proposal is not accepted, at the option of the client, it may be referred for renegotiation by the Parties.
- Any changed services shall not be performed until written acceptance of the Must Have MHM Building Maintenance LLC proposal is received from the client. Where such an Must Have MHM Building Maintenance LLC proposal is accepted by the client in accordance with this clause and following the implementation of such changed service the definition of the Services shall be changed to include the description of the changed services and the annual charge shall be adjusted in accordance with the proposals and the adjusted sums will be paid in accordance with clause 3.
- Where the Services have to be changed in order to comply with changes in legal requirements, Must Have MHM Building Maintenance LLC shall notify the client and provide such changed services without the need for prior written instruction from the client. Such written instruction will be provided by the client as soon as is reasonably practicable. The definition of the Services shall be changed to include the description of the changed services arising from the change in legal requirements, if appropriate and the necessary adjustments to the annual charge or other sums ascertained under the terms of the Agreement will be made and paid in accordance with the provisions of Clause 3.
- Where Must Have MHM Building Maintenance LLC identifies an opportunity to change the Services or to provide additional services which could provide benefit to the client, Must Have MHM Building Maintenance LLC shall submit to the client a proposal in accordance with Clause 5.1 which proposal will be dealt with in accordance the procedure therein.
6. Must Have MHM Building Maintenance LLC Obligations
Must Have MHM Building Maintenance LLC will comply with all legal requirements as are relevant to the provision of the services under this agreement.
Must Have MHM Building Maintenance LLC shall use reasonable endeavours to ensure that its employees or agents shall, whilst on the site shall minimize interference with and inconvenience to the business of the client at all times comply with the client procedures, for health, safety and environmental compliance and all other rules and regulations of the client applicable to the site and the provision of the Services that have been notified to the Contract’s Manager.
Must Have MHM Building Maintenance LLC shall provide reports and maintain records on site and attend meetings with the client exchanging and recording information as agreed between both parties.
Provision of uniforms for the operatives is at Must Have MHM Building Maintenance LLC cost, while any branding issues/custom made uniforms will be agreed with the Client and the price adjusted accordingly.
All services to be provided hereunder shall be provided in accordance with the industry standard. If the services do not comply with the above requirements the client shall notify Must Have MHM Building Maintenance LLC in writing accordingly. Must Have MHM Building Maintenance LLC will take all reasonable steps to identify the cause of the breach and rectify the defect within seven days and to the extent that the same arises out of the failure by Must Have MHM Building Maintenance LLC to comply with the above requirements such rectification shall be executed free of charge.
7. Client Obligations
The client shall use reasonable endeavours to provide or procure the provision of the following for Must Have MHM Building Maintenance LLC without charge.
Access to all necessary and relevant data and information in its possession or the possession of its servants or agents relating to the services to which Must Have MHM Building Maintenance LLC reasonably requires access in order to perform the services in accordance with this Agreement;
The co-operation of all relevant members of the client’s staff with the requirements of Must Have MHM Building Maintenance LLC, its employees, subcontractors or agents in respect of or in connection with the provision of the services including in particular but without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, their continued compliance with relevant client procedures and rules of the client and the reasonable requirements of Must Have MHM Building Maintenance LLC quality management system.
Access at all reasonable times to such parts of the site, as is necessary for the performance of the services.
Attendance of all relevant members of the client’s staff at any necessary meetings and/or training in connection with the services as reasonably required by Must Have MHM Building Maintenance LLC.
The client shall permit at all reasonable times and in respect of any Emergency access by authorized Must Have MHM Building Maintenance LLC employees and authorized subcontractors to the site for the purpose of carrying out the services.
The client shall provide office accommodation, telephony, network connectivity and related equipment, as necessary to carry out the services to Must Have MHM Building Maintenance LLC at no cost.
Must Have MHM Building Maintenance LLC shall indemnify the client up to the limit of its Public Liability Insurance for and against all costs, claims, damages, losses or expenses to the extent that the same arise out of the failure by Must Have MHM Building Maintenance LLC to comply with its obligations under this Agreement and the negligence or wilful default of Must Have MHM Building Maintenance LLC, its staff or agents, subject to the client mitigating any costs, claims, damages, losses or expenses, which it may suffer or incur.
The client shall indemnify Must Have MHM Building Maintenance LLC up to the limit of its Public Liability Insurance for and against all costs, claims, damages, losses or expenses to the extent that the same arise out of the failure by the client to comply with its obligations under this Agreement or the negligence or wilful default of the client, its staff or agents, subject to Must Have MHM Building Maintenance LLC mitigating any costs, claims, damages, losses or expenses, which it may suffer or incur.
Neither party is liable to the other for any indirect, economic or consequential losses such as loss of profit or contracts.
Must Have MHM Building Maintenance LLC shall during the Term of the Agreement hold current a valid certificate of employer’s liability insurance.
Must Have MHM Building Maintenance LLC shall maintain Public Liability Insurance cover to a maximum of: AED 5,000,000 in total.
Must Have MHM Building Maintenance LLC shall as and when reasonably required to do so by the client provide to the client for inspection documentary evidence that the insurance required by clause 9 has been taken out and is being maintained.
10. Must Have MHM Building Maintenance LLC Liability
To the extent that such liability is or would be, covered by any policy of insurance that should be maintained under clause 9 by or on behalf of Must Have MHM Building Maintenance LLC be limited to the level specified in clause 9; and- Otherwise in respective liabilities under this Agreement be limited in aggregate sum of AED 5,000,000.- Assignment and Sub Contracting- This Agreement is not to be assigned or transferred by either Party without the prior written consent of the other; such consents shall not be unreasonably withheld.
Must Have MHM Building Maintenance LLC may sub contract any part of the services with the consent of the client, such consent shall not be unreasonably withheld.
Without prejudice to any claim or right it might otherwise make or exercise either Party shall have the right to terminate this Agreement by giving 30 days written notice to the other Party. In the event that the either party commits a material breach of this Agreement and fails to rectify the same within seven days of receipt of notice requiring the rectification of such breach, the contract may be terminated with seven days notice. Where such breach is the non payment by either party of sums due under this Agreement and there is no dispute in accordance the notice period will be thirty days.
If either Party makes or offers to make an arrangement or composition with its creditors or commits an act of bankruptcy, or if a petition or receiving order in bankruptcy is presented or made against either Party, or if a resolution or petition to wind up such Party is passed or presented otherwise than for reconstruction or amalgamation or if a receiver of such Party’s undertaking property or assets or any part thereof is appointed or if either Party suffers any similar or parallel action then the other may (without prejudice to any other remedy available to it) forthwith terminate this Agreement by notice in writing to that effect.
Either Party may terminate this Agreement by the giving of thirty days written notice if it is prevented from performing any of its obligations under this Agreement due to Force Majeure.
Upon termination of this Agreement pursuant to Must Have MHM Building Maintenance LLC shall take all reasonable steps to terminate the provision of the Services in an orderly manner and shall vacate the site and deliver to the client all plans, specifications, technical data, schedules, programmes, budgets, reports and any other information in possession of Must Have MHM Building Maintenance LLC reasonably requested by the Client in connection with the services; and
In the event that Must Have MHM Building Maintenance LLC terminates this Agreement pursuant to Clause 12.1 it shall be entitled to claim any demobilisation costs it may reasonably incur.
In the event that either Party terminates this Agreement neither Party shall have any liability to the other whatsoever save for the liability of the client to pay to Must Have MHM Building Maintenance LLC all outstanding payments due under this Agreement.
The termination of this Agreement shall be without prejudice to the rights and remedies of either Party in respect of any negligence, omission or default of the other prior to such termination.
Must Have MHM Building Maintenance LLC assures to provide continuity of services in the transition during the termination process.s
12. Force Majeure
Neither Party shall be liable to the other for any failure to perform its obligations hereunder to the extent that such failure results from acts of God, war (whether declared or not), sabotage, riot, explosion, Government control, restrictions or prohibitions or any other Government act or omission whether local, national, or within the region known as the Middle East, fire, accident (unless such fire or accident is caused by Must Have MHM Building Maintenance LLC as determined by agreed appropriate authority), earthquake, storm, flood, epidemic, drought, or other natural catastrophes, strikes, lockouts, except where such strikes or lockouts are caused directly by Must Have MHM Building Maintenance LLC, or any other cause beyond the control of that Party. Any Party, which is prevented by reason of such unforeseen circumstances aforesaid, shall notify the other immediately thereof and shall use all reasonable endeavours to mitigate the effects thereof.
During the period of any such Force Majeure failure the client will be entitled to use a Third Party to provide the service if Must Have MHM Building Maintenance LLC is unable to do so as a result of Force Majeure, but not at the expense of Must Have MHM Building Maintenance LLC. In these circumstances the client is entitled to reduce his payments to Must Have MHM Building Maintenance LLC during the period that Must Have MHM Building Maintenance LLC is unable to perform the relevant services.
If an event of Force Majeure lasts for more than three months, or when it becomes reasonably apparent that an event of Force Majeure will last for more than three months, either Party may, following consultation with the other, give one months notice of termination.
Each Party including its employees and servants undertakes to keep and treat as confidential and not disclose to any third party any information of a proprietary or confidential nature concerning the operations, plans, know-how, trade secrets, business transactions and affairs of the other Party received or acquired by the other in the course of performing this Agreement, and to not make use of such information for any purpose whatsoever provided that the foregoing obligations shall not extend to:
- Information which is in or comes into the public domain, except where such information has come into the public domain due to a breach of this obligation by either Party.- Information already in the possession of the recipient Party at the date of disclosure.- Information learnt or obtained from a third party having full right to disclosure.
- Disputes Resolution Process:
- The Parties shall use their best endeavours to negotiate in good faith and settle amicably any disagreement that may arise out of or in relation to this Agreement or a breach thereof. If any such disagreement cannot be settled amicably through ordinary negotiations by appropriate representatives of the Parties, the disagreement shall be referred in writing, by either Party, to the Managing Director of Must Have MHM Building Maintenance LLC and the Chief Executive Officer of the client (together known as the “Principals”). The Principals shall meet in order to attempt to resolve the disagreement. If any such meeting fails to result in a settlement within 28 days of a reference to the Principals, the dispute at the election of either Party may be submitted for independent arbitration by any recognized Arbitrators as nominated by the first party to request arbitration.- Notwithstanding any clause, the Parties have the right to refer any dispute under the Agreement to Adjudication in accordance with the Adjudication Rules as determined by the Dubai Chamber of Commerce. Either Party may give notice in writing to the other at any time of his intention to refer the dispute to Adjudication. The seat of such arbitration is hereby designated as Dubai. The arbitrator(s) shall decide the dispute according to the substantive laws of the Emirate of Dubai.
Must Have MHM Building Maintenance LLC shall not induce an employee of the client to:
- Make any concession to Must Have MHM Building Maintenance LLC, enter into the Agreement, or alter any of the requirements of the Agreement in return for any gift, money or other inducement,- Pay money or give any other benefit to any third party (either directly or indirectly) in connection with the negotiation of the Agreement,- Encourage an employee of the client to commit any act of dishonesty against the client, which may benefit the employee, or be a detriment to the client, or both.
15. Entire Agreement
This Agreement supersedes all prior agreements, understandings and conditions whether written or implied between the Parties and is the entire agreement of the Parties relating to the services as defined herein. This Agreement may not be varied or changed otherwise than in writing signed by a duly authorized representative of both Parties.
Service of all notices under this Agreement shall be in writing and made by hand or mailed, postage paid return receipt requested, to the addresses set out above, or at such other address as may be notified in accordance with this Clause.
The rights of either Party shall not be affected or restricted by any indulgence or forbearance to the other Party. No waiver by either Party of any breach by the other Party shall operate as a waiver of any later breach.
18. Third Party
Nothing in this Agreement confers or purports to confer on any third party any benefit or any right to enforce any term of this Agreement.
19. Governing Law
This Agreement shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the Emirates of Dubai.